Saturday, February 13, 2010

Everything Breathes

Here is a wonderful meditation that Kathy gave me once when I was troubled. When you feel stuck in your daily life, whether in your finances, your relationships, your job, or in any aspect of your being, feel yourself breathing. As you experience the expansion of the belly and chest with the inhale, and the releasing with exhale, visualize everything in your life breathing with you. 

With this simple exercise, you can "breathe new life" into anything that feels frozen or dead. This can also work in the case of a project or situation about which you feel anxious or frightened.

When we imagine all aspects of our life as breathing, then the hard parts soften and become more manageable. Instead of obstacles or enemies, these parts of our lives become living and breathing allies, partners, and conspirators (which literally means "to breathe with").

The Greek philosopher Thales said, "All things are full of gods." When we see that all things, animate or inanimate, are alive and possess "soul," we can understand that it is all divine.

Are You Looking For Me? by Kabir:
Are you looking for me? I am in the next seat.
My shoulder is against yours.
You will not find me in the stupas, not in Indian shrine rooms, nor synagogues, nor in cathedrals:
not in masses, nor kirtans, not in legs winding around your own neck, nor in eating nothing but vegetables,
When you really look for me, you will see me instantly
- you will find me in the tiniest house of time.
Kabir says: Student, tell me, what is God?
He is the breath inside the breath
Blessings,
Roger 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment